Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back from our first hiatus

It's been a long time since I've updated (not like anyone is reading, anyway)... but a lot has been going on and to be honest, I just didn't feel like updating. In my last entry, I mentioned that we almost owned our first house. Well, if you look at the listing, you'll see that it's no longer active and the last sale was back in 2004. Put 2 and 2 together, and it's obvious that we lost the house. We opened escrow, didn't close in time, and then the banks (it was a short sale) decided to foreclose rather than sell the house to us. So we're back to square one. We actually packed up half of our stuff and were living out of boxes for 2 months or so, thinking that we'd be moving "any day now." Well, the boxes are still packed, but we've come to the conclusion that we won't be moving anytime soon. We got rid of our realtor (the 2nd one we've worked with), and are looking for houses exclusively through Redfin. Needless to say, we were a little pissed about the situation, but have gotten over it since. We're just starting out again, and have been to an open house and a few other showings to get our feet wet (again). Nothing good so far. Booo. And we might have to up our price range. Double boo.

In other news, I'm gearing up for a girls' weekend trip to this place:

Source.


E and I will be spending three fabulous nights in Vegas, just having fun and getting away from our oppressive husbands (kidding, of course). I'm looking forward to just zoning out by the pool, dancing my butt off, and eating about $1000 worth of crab legs. We'll see how everything plays out. The last time I had a girls' weekend in Vegas, this happened:


it's totally normal to not be able to stand up on my own, right?


So hopefully I won't enjoy myself as much so I can actually enjoy myself.

In other news, B and I have decided to put our baby-makin' plans on hold, just for a little while. Currently, I'm working at an amazing company, making great money, as a temp. I'm about halfway through my one-year contract and should know by the end of the year if I'll be hired on permanently or not. One of the temps in my department was recently made permanent, but another temp is currently on her third contract. SOOOOooooo... hopefully I'll have a job to come back to, and once that happens, we'll start "trying." Although if I find out in November/December about my job, I won't want to start trying until April at the earliest. But that's another story for another post.

Do you think it's a good idea to put your "plans" on hold based on a job? Is that the responsible thing to do right now (with the economy and all), or would you do something different?

No comments:

Post a Comment